Wednesday, July 28, 2010

America apparently runs on it.

Beginnings! Not really since i did enter two blog entries prior to this one about a year ago, one i think related to dieting and myself or something and I don't have a clue where they went. Well here I am again regardless, and upfront I am beyond dumb and also very behind on anything technological or media related. It's sad, and definitely not even a cutesy, endearing quality.

No worry though I have plenty of those in spades. Or something.

So I love the written word. Whether it's Vanity Fair articles on old Hollywood"(I really hate that phrase), or Gone With the Wind(my personal favorite), Joye Carol Oates, Fem Lit(get into it.), i crave reading, absorbing info, opening my mind to everything.

Writing and I have a different relationship. We tend to be like a close acquaintance you've known since childhood. There is a long connection and you have a good enough rapport but it's not really a uber-comfortable bond. Strained metaphors but what do you expect at this hour. Exactly.

So over the past few years the idea of actually writing  has been in my thoughts, increasing as other parts of my life fell into place such as job, school and blah. I think it's important for me to at least tap into the writing part and hopefully it enhances the bookworm side of me. I am really hesitant to put myself out there because in my mind my writing is sub-par and also I think im funny in life but that doesnt translate to funny on paper.

So here I am. The beginning of something amazing. Or the beginning of a 24 year old who's is writing a blog and maybe it will be great and maybe he will write 4 posts and forget about it for two years. The latter is definitely closer to home.

Dunkin' Donuts I pretty much live for. I had a blueberry iced coffee after a swim tonight. They had bright pink straws which made me really happy.

Also i think their slogan sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment